Friday, September 7, 2012

First week down!

Has it really only been 4 days? It feels like it has been 2 weeks! :) 

Is it just me or does the first week always feel like a blur? Between the get to know eachother activities, expectations teaching and practice, school tours and re-teaching of expectations it gets a little hazy. I'll give you a quick recap to my week and hopefully as things quiet down I will go back to more detailed posts about lessons I am loving!

Right now 
*I have 23 kiddos. sounds like a small class, but having 18 last year spoiled me! It feels huge!!
*So far I have a great group of eager volunteers!! I am hoping this keeps up! It will definitely help me keep my sanity during this pregnancy! I <3 consistent volunteers!
*There are 2 kiddos who are really testing me right now. I know it will get better, but right now it is hard to see how they will ever shape up. They are also very low academically, so I think it is more of a lack of structured school experiences than anything else. Yesterday when they were sent back to their seats for not listening on the carpet I overheard them plotting their "escape". oh boy...Wish me luck!
*I told the class I was pregnant! They loved it and it was so cute to hear them sharing baby names and predictions  I think this baby bee will make a great topic for brainstorming sessions! Mr. Bee liked the idea of baby name help! too cute.
*We have read MANY books. I love teaching beginning of the year social skills through books. I wish my collection was bigger, but luckily Mrs. Sneaker has an amazing collections that she so graciously shares with me! What are your favorites?
*Although I wished I could be full time, I am definitely happy with half time right now. between the countless extra hours before/after the kiddos leave and my other part time job I am exhausted!! I came home today at 3 and took a 2 hour nap. That would be a lot harder if I came home at 5... :)


How is your start going? How are you handling the ones that just don't quite get it yet. I'd love your feedback!

Happy Friday!!


Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post

1 comment:

Miss Trayers said...

It's always amazing to me how long the week can feel and how fast the days can go by all at the same time! :)

NotJustChild'sPlay