Saturday, September 1, 2012

What I've been up to

Hey friends! wow, it has been a long time. Wondering what i've been up to (since it is obviously not blogging!) Here is a clue....

Don't all teachers sleep a little bit extra during the summer? Well, usually I would say yes but this summer it was an unusual amount. and when I wasn't napping, I was thinking about napping. Want to know why?? Well, here is another clue...


Yes, I'm pregnant with a baby duckling of my very own!! I'm 12 weeks today and consider myself very lucky to have my only big symptom be being extra sleepy. I'll take it!! 

So what else have I been up to? Besides working on my dye cutting, I have been working in my room to get ready for my cute little kinders who start tuesday (who thinks it is a good idea to start the day after labor day?! NOT ME!) 

Since I am obviously lacking blogging motivation lately I'll leave you with some photos from my classroom that I took today! It is starting to come together :) 
our new ipad setup! In the fancy locker I have ipads for every student! they will each take their ipad out of the locker and put it in their own tub daily. They will keep the tubs at their desk which will hold unfinished work, the ipad and a set of headphones. We got the ipads through a tech grant and will use them primarily in reading but we are so excited to use them in every way possible!! 

my "new" library area. I use this rug less frequently but love to have it set up for comfy reading for the kiddos! We also use it when doing any type of circle/community activity.

my main teaching area. I LOVE this rug!! it is the best management tool ever! seriously, worth every penny!! Thanks Mrs. Sneaker and our co-teaching partner for finding these last year!

my new desk area! I moved it across the room (well, Mrs Sneaker did!!) and am loving the new placement! 

my room doesn't accommodate all the tables well, so this is my "usual setup".  

love having both carpets!

Hopefully the start of the school year and my 2nd trimester with give me an extra boost of energy and blogging inspiration. Until then, my friends...Hope you all have a great start to the new school year!


Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! Hope you have a wonderful start to your year!
Amy

Sneaker Teacher said...

<3 <3 <3 <3